Subject: bug#1023: Can't resize on Mac OS

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:43:51 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:27:22 -0400, David Reitter <[email-masked]> said:

>> Resizing of the Emacs window (frame?  the windowing-system-level
>> thing) doesn't work right:
>> 
>> (a) If I click the Zoom (+) button in the window's titlebar, the
>> window becomes unresizeable: dragging the corner no longer has an
>> effect, until I click the Zoom button again.

> Can't reproduce.

I can't reproduce it with Emacs 22.3/Mac OS X 10.5.5, either.

>> (b) When I switch from a large external display to my laptop's
>> display, I have less screen area, but unlike all my other apps, the
>> Emacs window doesn't shrink itself to fit on my display.

> Yes, I can confirm that.

I don't have a plan to change the behavior for the Carbon port, but
the Carbon+AppKit port (*) would shrink the frame to fit the screen
for that case.

*: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-09/msg00268.html

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]