Subject: bug#10228: 24.0.92; doc string of `read-from-minibuffer' is incorrect (regression)

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:58:03 -0800

In Emacs 24 the doc string was changed wrt DEFAULT-VALUE.  It no longer
says that a non-nil READ arg plus empty user input returns
DEFAULT-VALUE.  It says that if READ is non-nil then DEFAULT-VALUE is
the default to `read' if the user enters empty input.  And it
incorrectly says that if READ is non-nil then `read-from-minibuffer does
not return DEFAULT-VALUE for empty input - it returns the empty string.
And it says nothing about what happens when READ is nil.
 
The doc string was clearer and was correct in previous Emacs releases.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-11-30 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'