Subject: bug#10227: Python installation fails for Python 3

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:19:05 +0000

On 22 November 2012 13:01, Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>wrote:

> OK, thanks for explaining it once again.  I can now reproduce the same
> issue on Debian.  I think this is something we should try to work around,
> since we cannot have our installation rules broken by default on both
> Debian and Ubuntu ...
>
> > It seems to me that this is the sort of thing the pyconfigure people
> > ought to know about.
> >
> By peeking at their repository, I came up with the minimal patch below,
> which should do the trick.  Can you verify it works for you as well?
>

It does seem to work for me, but I think it would be worth getting expert
advice, e.g. from the pyconfigure developers, as to whether a) this is
definitely correct and b) whether it could be simpler.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org