Subject: 24.0.92; face width doesn't update at start up

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 20:34:20 +0200

I used customize-face to customize the default face. I set the foregroud
and background colour and set the width to narrow. It worked for that
session, but when I started emacs again the colour changes had happened
but the width was normal again. I looked at my customization file and it
said the default face width was condensed. evaluating custom-set-faces
sets the width to condensed. (can't really see the difference between it
and narrow) It seems as if the width part isn't being read at start up.

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 '(default ((t (:inherit nil :stipple nil :background "black" :foreground "green" :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil :underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 97 :width condensed :foundry "Misc" :family "Fixed")))))

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.8)
 of 2011-12-04 on box
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11102000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--without-sound' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  window-number-meta-mode: t
  window-number-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
<tab> c <tab> <return> <down> <down> C-c s C-x b <return> 
C-x b <return> C-x b <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <return> y C-x b <return> 
C-g <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-x 
j C-x k <return> C-x C-f <up> <return> <down> <down> 
C-c s <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
C-x b C-g C-x k <return> <up> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<return> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <return> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> C-x b y C-x 
C-f <up> <return> <down> <down> C-c s C-x k <return> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <return> 
7 <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> C-e <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <return> <down> <up> <return> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> C-x b y 
C-x b <return> C-x b <return> C-x C-f <up> <return> 
<down> <down> C-c s <menu> r e p o <tab> r <tab> <
return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/xhipe/.emacs.d/zan/customizations.el [2 times]
Hiding all blocks...done
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Click on a color to select it.
Hiding all blocks...done
Saving file /home/xhipe/.emacs.d/zan/customizations.el...
Delete excess backup versions of /home/xhipe/.emacs.d/zan/customizations.el? (y or n)  y
Wrote /home/xhipe/.emacs.d/zan/customizations.el [2 times]
Hiding all blocks...done
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/els/apel/env hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/env
~/.emacs.d/els/apel/timezone hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/timezone
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-icalendar
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-indent
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-html hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-html
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-compat
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-docview
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-jsinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-beamer
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-exp
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-docbook hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-docbook
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-timer
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-sh
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-table
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-entities
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-org
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-special-blocks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-special-blocks
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-R
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-mks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-mks
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-id
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-list
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-colview
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-publish
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-freemind hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-freemind
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-feed
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-macs
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-C
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-mac-message hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-mac-message
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-js
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-attach
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-info
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-table
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-archive
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-irc
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-src
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-css
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-capture
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-clock
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-faces
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-vm
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-habit
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-python
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-xoxo hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-xoxo
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-remember hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-remember
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-install
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-plot
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-latex
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-mew hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-mew
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-ascii
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-wl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-wl
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/.emacs.d/els/org-7.5/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/org/org-inlinetask

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message gnus-util mail-extr message format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader emacsbug color help-mode view crm cus-edit auctex-autoloads
tex-site info minimap-autoloads register-list-autoloads
svg-clock-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads zenburn-autoloads package
tabulated-list bbdb-autoloads semantic/db-mode semantic/db semantic/idle
semantic/ctxt ede/linux ede/emacs ede/cpp-root paredit eldoc
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base
eieio-speedbar eieio-custom wid-edit slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands
slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl window-number keywiz gamegrid
geiser paren avoid cus-start cus-load tsm quack warnings cmuscheme
scheme advice advice-preload bbdb timezone pym static apel-ver product
pabbrev dired-tar compile dired-details org-install srecode semantic/sb
speedbar sb-image dframe assoc semantic/sort semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag
semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio mode-local cedet rainbow-delimiters slime
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp derived apropos help-fns
edmacro kmacro easy-mmode hideshow easymenu pp comint regexp-opt ring
hyperspec thingatpt browse-url cl time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)