Subject: bug#10212: 24.0.92; report-emacs-bug raises Gnutls error

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 18:16:20 +0100

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:51:25 +0100 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> When I submit a bug report using `M-x report-emacs-bug', upon sending the
> report (via smtpmail-send-it), Emacs displays the following in the echo
> area:
>
>    gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly
>    terminated. 
>
> This does not happen if I send email from within Gnus using the same
> smtpmail-send-it method (both report-emacs-bug and Gnus also use
> message-mode).

This is evidently incorrent.  First, the error message was not displayed
after sending the above report (though it was after sending one shortly
before).  Second, I then checked in *Messages* and found the error
message also earlier, after I had sent another email from Gnus (not
using report-emacs-bug).  So it just seems to happens sometimes, which I
guess makes it less likely to have anything to do with Emacs.  So unless
someone can see a reason why Emacs may be involved, maybe this bug
should be marked notabug (for Emacs).

Steve Berman