Subject: 24.0.92; report-emacs-bug raises Gnutls error

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:51:25 +0100

When I submit a bug report using `M-x report-emacs-bug', upon sending the
report (via smtpmail-send-it), Emacs displays the following in the echo
area:

   gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly
   terminated. 

This does not happen if I send email from within Gnus using the same
smtpmail-send-it method (both report-emacs-bug and Gnus also use
message-mode).

Very cursory googling suggests the error message is a Gnutls bug in
versions higher than 3.0.0, and indeed I currently have 3.0.3 and only
started seeing this since updating my system, prior to which I was using
Gnutls 2.8.6.  I haven't noticed any undesirable effects and the mail
goes out normally.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i686-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.7)
 of 2011-12-03 on escher
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t