Subject: bug#10199: [GNU Libtool 2.4.2.123-1186-dirty] testsuite: 65 72 73 74 75 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 112 113 114 117 failed

From: Elvis Dowson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 01:35:14 +0100

Hi,
      I tried building libtool on Mac OS X 10.7.2 with Xcode 4.2.1 llvm-gcc
compiler, and got a bunch of errors for the test suites.

Here is the procedure that I followed to build it.

Step 01.00: Install GNU libtool.

Step 01.01: Download libtool 2.4.2

To build from sources using the git repository

$ git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/libtool.git

$ cd libtool

$ ./bootstrap

$ ./configure CC='/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2' CPP='/usr/bin/llvm-cpp-4.2'
CXX='/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2' CXXCPP='/usr/bin/llvm-cpp-4.2' CFLAGS='-arch
i386 -arch x86_64' CPPFLAGS='-arch i386 -arch x86_64' CXXFLAGS='-arch i386
-arch x86_64' LDFLAGS='-arch i386 -arch x86_64'
--disable-dependency-tracking

$ make -j 6

$ make -j 6 check-local

65: localized compiler messages                     FAILED (
localization.at:61)

Support for older m4 interface.

 71: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL                                 ok
 72: AC_WITH_LTDL                                    FAILED (
old-m4-iface.at:160)

Support for older libltdl interfaces.

 73: Makefile.inc                                    FAILED (
old-ltdl-iface.at:134)

Libtool subdir-objects support.

 74: C subdir-objects                                FAILED (am-subdir.at:78
)
 75: C++ subdir-objects                              FAILED (
am-subdir.at:146)

Libltdl functionality.

 76: lt_dlexit unloading libs                        ok
 77: lt_dlopenadvise library loading                 ok
 78: lt_dlopen error messages                        expected failure (
lt_dlopen.at:101)
 79: lt_dlopen archive                               ok
 80: lt_dlopenext error messages                     ok
 81: libdir of installed modules                     ok
 82: ltdl API                                        ok
 83: dlloader API                                    ok
 84: loadlibrary error messages                      skipped (
loadlibrary.at:250)
 85: syntax of .la files                             expected failure (
lalib-syntax.at:133)
 86: resident modules                                ok
 87: SList functionality                             ok
 88: enforced lib prefix                             FAILED (
need_lib_prefix.at:179)

Standalone Libltdl.

 89: compiling softlinked libltdl                    FAILED (
standalone.at:35)
 90: compiling copied libltdl                        FAILED (
standalone.at:50)
 91: installable libltdl                             FAILED (
standalone.at:67)
 92: linking libltdl without autotools               FAILED (
standalone.at:83)

Subproject Libltdl.

 93: compiling softlinked libltdl                    FAILED (
subproject.at:61)
 94: compiling copied libltdl                        FAILED (
subproject.at:77)
 95: installable libltdl                             FAILED (
subproject.at:95)
 96: linking libltdl without autotools               FAILED (
subproject.at:113)

Nonrecursive Automake Libltdl.

 97: compiling softlinked libltdl                    FAILED (
nonrecursive.at:90)
 98: compiling copied libltdl                        FAILED (
nonrecursive.at:114)
 99: installable libltdl                             FAILED (
nonrecursive.at:140)

Recursive Automake Libltdl.

100: compiling softlinked libltdl                    FAILED (recursive.at:69
)
101: compiling copied libltdl                        FAILED (recursive.at:89
)
102: installable libltdl                             FAILED (
recursive.at:111)

configure interface to libltdl.

112: installable libltdl                             FAILED (
configure-iface.at:144)
113: --with-ltdl-include/lib                         FAILED (
configure-iface.at:178)
114: --with-included-ltdl                            FAILED (
configure-iface.at:282)
115: convenience libltdl                             ok

Libtool stress test.

116: Link option thorough search test                ok
117: Run tests with low max_cmd_len                  FAILED (
cmdline_wrap.at:43)
118: override pic_flag at configure time             skipped (pic_flag.at:47
)

## ------------- ##
## Test results. ##
## ------------- ##

ERROR: 104 tests were run,
28 failed (4 expected failures).
24 tests were skipped.
## -------------------------- ##
## testsuite.log was created. ##
## -------------------------- ##

Elvis Dowson