Subject: bug#10186: 23.3; save-some-buffers not making review windows large enough

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 05:31:10 -0500

on Fri Dec 02 2011, martin rudalics <rudalics-AT-gmx.at> wrote:

>> `M-x save-some-buffers' offers to let me review my files (or their
>> diffs) before saving them with, but very often the window I'm given in
>> which to do the review is pitifully small and really inadequate.
>
> The window has the size provided by `display-buffer'.  What are your
> values of `split-height-threshold' and `split-width-threshold'?

nil and 160, respectively.

>> Not only that, but there's basically no way (at least none that I can
>> find) to scroll the window and reveal useful information.
>
> Setting `enable-recursive-minibuffers' to a non-nil value should allow
> to do that.

I've always been leery of doing that, just because I figured it's
disabled-by-default for a reason, but I will try it.  That said, doing
something that's considered "unsafe for novices" shouldn't  be required
in order to make something so basic as save-some-buffers work, should
it?

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com