Subject: bug#10164: 24.0.91; Instant crash enabling linum-mode

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 01:37:39 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks.  The bug is fixed in revision 106561.
>
> It was simply wrong to try to verify rows' hash values at that spot,
> because the code immediately before that reallocates the glyph arrays,
> so the contents of a glyph row could be complete garbage.  Therefore,
> I removed the assertion.
>
> I'm amazed that this assertion didn't trigger until now.  I guess too
> few people compile with asserts.  Or maybe most calls to
> adjust_glyph_matrix don't really reallocate, since display margins are
> a relatively rarely used feature.
>
> Sorry about this, it was a shameful thinko on my part to introduce
> that assertion in the first place.

No worries, and thanks for looking into the problem on such short
notice.  I'll make the pretest shortly.