Subject: 24.0.91; diff-hunk-file-names returns quoted file names

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:32:33 +0100

diff-hunk-file-names reads file names from the *Diff* buffer. The first
line (the diff command itself) can contain labels, marked with -L. If
these labels contains quoted characters like in remote file names, the
quotation is returned. Example:

diff -c -L /ftp\:slbhao\:/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp.el -L /ftp\:slbhao\:/home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp.el /tmp/ange-ftp13518wvE.el /tmp/ange-ftp1351895K.el

Such quoted file names result in problems when used as parameter for
file name functions, like in diff-find-file-name.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.14 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.6)
 of 2011-11-28 on detlef
Windowing system distributor `GraphOn Corporation', version 11.0.60900000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<f2> <escape> x r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Reading active file from news via nntp...
Opening nntp server on news...failed: >>> (error Selecting deleted buffer)
Opening connection to imap.gmx.net via tls...
Reading active file via nnml...
Reading incoming mail from pop...
nnml: Reading incoming mail (no new mail)...done
Reading active file via nnml...done
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
Warning: Opening nntp server on news...failed: >>> (error Selecting deleted buffer)

Load-path shadows:
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.3/debbugs hides ~/lisp/debbugs
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.3/debbugs-gnu hides ~/lisp/debbugs-gnu
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-uu
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cache
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gw hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gw
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-smb
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sh
~/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/trampver
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-compat
~/lisp/soap-client hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/soap-client
~/lisp/dbus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/dbus

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr warnings emacsbug pop3 utf-7 gnutls nnimap
parse-time utf7 nndraft nnmh netrc nnml network-stream starttls tls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-cache
nnir gnus-sum nnnil smtpmail sendmail gnus-demon nntp gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit
debbugs-autoloads package tabulated-list cperl-mode easymenu time tramp
tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp assoc gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache shell
pcomplete comint ring format-spec advice help-fns advice-preload cl
tramp-loaddefs iswitchb jka-compr icomplete paren ps-print ps-def lpr vc
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff vc-dispatcher dired regexp-opt time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)