Subject: bug#10155: 23.3; HEAD broken by recent commit for emacsclient

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:07:41 +0200

> From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:19:23 -0800

The subject says 23.3, but my crystal ball says you are reporting a
problem with 24.0.91, right?  Because I didn't commit anything to the
Emacs 23 branch.

> /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c: In function
>           'set_local_socket':
> /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1281: warning:
>           passing argument 2 of 'confstr' discards qualifiers from
>           pointer target type

Was this warning present before as well?  I don't think it's related
to the change you blame.

> /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c: In function
>           'main':
> /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error:
>           'environ' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error: (Each
>           undeclared identifier is reported only once
> /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error: for
>           each function it appears in.)
> make[2]: *** [emacsclient] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [lib-src] Error 2
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Which OS is that?

Can you tell which system header declares `environ' on that platform?

Sorry about the inconvenience.