Subject: bug#10155: closed (Re: bug#9772: bug#10155: OSX breakage)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 16:14:03 +0000

Your bug report

#10155: 23.3; HEAD broken by recent commit for emacsclient

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10155: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10155
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9772: bug#10155: OSX breakage
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 08:12:57 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 11/30/11 03:15, Mario Lassnig wrote:
> Looks good to me. Compiles, installs, runs. 

Thanks for checking.  I'll mark Bug#10155 as done since the bug
itself is fixed.  The cleaner fix for 'environ' can wait until
after Emacs 24 is out.

Subject: 23.3; HEAD broken by recent commit for emacsclient
From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:19:23 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The commit:

Author: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Nov 27 20:52:53 2011 +0200

    Fix MS-Windows build with MSVC compiler.
    
    Parts of the changes by Fabrice Popineau
    <[email-masked]>.
    
     lib-src/makefile.w32-in (LOCAL_FLAGS): Add $(EMACS_EXTRA_C_FLAGS).
     lib-src/emacsclient.c (main) <environ>: Remove declaration, already
     pulled in by unistd.h on Posix hosts and stdlib.h on MS-Windows.
     nt/inc/stdint.h (uint32_t, uint64_t) [_WIN64]: New typedefs.
     (UINT64_MAX) [_WIN64]: Fix definition.
     (uintmax_t, intmax_t): Fix definitions.
     nt/inc/inttypes.h (strtoumax, strtoimax) [!__MINGW32__]: Provide
     correct definitions.
     nt/config.nt (HAVE_DECL_STRTOLL): Define.
     (va_copy) [_WIN64]: Provide a better definition.
     src/s/ms-w32.h (utimbuf) [_MSC_VER]: Don't define.
     (snprintf) [_MSC_VER]: Redirect to _snprintf.
     (strtoll) [_MSC_VER]: Redirect to _strtoi64.
     (malloc, free, realloc, calloc): Redirect to e_* only when
     compiling Emacs.
     src/lisp.h (GCTYPEBITS): Move before first use.
     (ALIGN_GCTYPEBITS) [_MSC_VER]: Define.
     (DECL_ALIGN) [_MSC_VER]: Use it, as MSVC doesn't like bit ops in
     this macro definition.
     (tzname): Redirect to _tzname for all values of _MSC_VER.

Broke emacsclient:

cd lib-src; make all                            \
          CC='gcc -std=gnu99' CFLAGS='-g -O2' CPPFLAGS='' \
          LDFLAGS='' MAKE='make'
gcc -std=gnu99 -c   -Wimplicit-function-declaration
          -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement
          -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src -I../lib
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib   -g -O2
          -DCONFIG_BROKETS -DINHIBIT_STRING_HEADER \
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src/regex.c
gcc -std=gnu99   -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-definition
          -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src
          -I../lib -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib    -g -O2
          -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" \
          -DVERSION="\"24.0.91\""
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/etags.c \
          regex.o ../lib/libgnu.a  -o etags
gcc -std=gnu99   -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-definition
          -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src
          -I../lib -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib    -g -O2
          -DCTAGS -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" \
          -DVERSION="\"24.0.91\""
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/etags.c \
          regex.o ../lib/libgnu.a  -o ctags
gcc -std=gnu99   -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-definition
          -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src
          -I../lib -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib    -g -O2
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c \
           -DVERSION="\"24.0.91\"" \
           ../lib/libgnu.a  -o emacsclient
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c: In function
          'set_local_socket':
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1281: warning:
          passing argument 2 of 'confstr' discards qualifiers from
          pointer target type
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c: In function
          'main':
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error:
          'environ' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error: (Each
          undeclared identifier is reported only once
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error: for
          each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [emacsclient] Error 1
make[1]: *** [lib-src] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion