Subject: 24.0.91; `pop-up-frames' with dedicated windows is broken: `C-x C-f'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:27:43 -0800

emacs -Q
 
1. Download hexrgb.el and oneonone.el:
 
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/hexrgb.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/oneonone.el
 
2.runemacs.exe -Q --debug-init -l "hexrgb.el" -l "oneonone.el" -f "1on1-emacs"
 
3. (setq special-display-regexps '("[ ]?[*][^*]+[*]"))
 
4. C-h i
 
5. C-x C-f some-file-somewhere.el
 
You get the error "Cannot swith buffers in a dedicated window".
 
What should happen is that the file is visited in a separate (normal)
frame.  That is what happens in Emacs 23 (and 22...20).
 
[In releases prior to Emacs 24 you also need to do this, so that *info*
is shown in a special-display frame.  This is no longer needed or
helpful in Emacs 24.
(remove-hook 'same-window-regexps "\\*info\\*\\(\\|<[0-9]+>\\)")
]
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-11-21 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'