Subject: 24.0.91; `special-display-regexps' is still not respected (again)

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:16:09 -0800

emacs -Q
 
1. Download hexrgb.el and oneonone.el:
 
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/hexrgb.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/oneonone.el
 
2.runemacs.exe -Q --debug-init -l "hexrgb.el" -l "oneonone.el" -f "1on1-emacs"
 
3. (setq special-display-regexps '("[ ]?[*][^*]+[*]"))
 
4. C-h i
 
5. C-x 5 2
 
In step 4, a special-display frame is used, correctly (the buffer name
matches `special-display-regexps').
 
In step 5, a special-display frame should also be used, for the same
reason, but it is not.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-11-21 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'