Subject: RE: 24.0.91; Typo, (elisp) `Text from Minibuffer'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:00:35 -0800

> Please look at the file info/elisp-3 you have, and tell me:
> 
>   . Do you see the extra newline in that file?

Yes:

 -- Variable: minibuffer-local-map
     This

     is the default local keymap for reading from the minibuffer.  By
     default, it makes the following bindings:

    `C-j'
          `exit-minibuffer'
...

>   . If you do, what do the first 2 lines of that file say?

This is ./../../info/elisp, produced by makeinfo version 4.8 from
./elisp.texi.

> The file I have doesn't have the extra newline, and its beginning says
> this:
> 
>   This is /home/cyd/trunk/doc/lispref/../../info/elisp, produced by
>   makeinfo version 4.13 from /home/cyd/trunk/doc/lispref/elisp.texi.
> 
> IOW, this file was produced by Chong when he created the pretest
> tarball.  Maybe yours was produced by a different version of makeinfo
> which has some bug.  That would explain why we see such a different
> picture.

HTH.  CCing Christoph, for his info.