Subject: RE: 24.0.91; Typo, (elisp) `Text from Minibuffer'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 09:17:58 -0800

> tags 10134 unreproducible
> quit
> 
> > Yes, `emacs -Q'.  Recipe: go to the node; look at it.
> > See attached screenshot.
> 
> Sorry, not reproducible.  See the attached screenshot.  It's probably
> something specific to that system's setup, although I'm puzzled what
> kind of setup can have such a profound effect on the Emacs display.

Dunno what you mean by "that system's setup".  Are you referring to the system
used to build Emacs or the system where I invoke `emacs -Q'?

Did you actually try it using the cited Emacs version/build?  It is the latest
Windows binary made available on emacs-devel.  It is simple to download it and
test with `emacs -Q'.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-12-06 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'

This is the build zip:
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-20111206-r106632-bin-i386.zip

This is the announcement post to [email-masked]:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-12/msg00142.html

It is 100% reproducible with that build.  If the bug has been fixed since then,
fine.  But please try to reproduce it using the build cited in the bug report.
Do that, and my guess is you will have no problem at all seeing it.

If you test only with the pretest or the latest trunk then you are probably not
testing with the same Emacs sources, let alone the same binary build.