Subject: 24.0.91; eldoc error DOC-24.0.91.1 not found

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:09:59 +0100

Hi,
I have an eldoc error on functions:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
eldoc error: (error Cannot open doc string file
"/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.91/etc/DOC-24.0.91.1")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I have in ../etc a file named DOC-24.0.91.3
Creating a symlink to DOC-24.0.91.1 workaround the problem.

What is this file for exactly?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-11-22 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-gconf' '--without-gsettings''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  anything-completion-mode: t
  anything-dired-mode: Enable anything completion in Dired functions.
Bindings affected are C, R, S, H.
This is deprecated for Emacs24+ users, use `ac-mode' instead.
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-f / s u d o : : <left> u s l o s h e m 2 4 <down> 
<down> <right> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <return> M-< M-> C-x k <return> M-x r e 
p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...done
Mark set
 [9 times]
Mark set [2 times]
 [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug xmtn-dvc dvc-status xmtn-conflicts xmtn-ids
xmtn-match xmtn-automate xmtn-compat xmtn-run xmtn-basic-io xmtn-base qp
debug cl-specs edebug tramp-cmds tramp-sh tramp-cache org-archive
w3m-form pcmpl-unix dvc-bookmarks dvc-state dvc-config find-func sort
smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh
utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired parse-time
network-stream starttls url-http tls url-auth url-gw cal-iso vc-git
xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate rect xgit-log conf-mode newcomment preview
prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex imenu
reftex-vars font-latex latex tex-style tex latexenc vc-bzr bzr-dvc bzr
dvc-annotate dvc-revlist cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs rst tabify org-table vc-rcs
sh-script xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log dvc-diff uniquify
dvc-fileinfo bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal
naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob
em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let
server slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf
slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector
slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl
image-file newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview
newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search preview-latex
em-term term ehelp electric pdbtrack whitespace paren time winner
mime-w3m mime eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse std11 luna mime-def
mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe
w3m-load help-mode view avoid savehist org-google-weather google-weather
url-cache googlecl google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org
iedit zop-to-char mule-util alist pym static apel-ver product elscreen
smallurl mm-url rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info
pcvs-defs pcvs-util autodoc mb-depth ioccur cl-info slime hideshow
hyperspec slime-autoloads ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util tex-site
auto-loads esh-toggle flymake ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color
executable eldoc-eval eldoc no-word regex-tool dired-extension
image-dired dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs
dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips add-log diff-mode
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui
dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site htmlize-hack
htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo
muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start
cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler
bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp init-anything-thierry
anything-describe-keybindings anything-delicious anything-mercurial
anything-stgit anything-config browse-url rx anything-match-plugin xml
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap grep compile tramp tramp-compat
shell pcomplete comint ring format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux
dired regexp-opt ffap thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived
epg epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp assoc gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
usage-memo eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps
eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert
eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl
w3m-wget info easymenu tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997