Subject: 24.0.91; [PATCH] `C-u C-x =' should show position info

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:50:36 -0800

`C-x =' shows information about the current position, including its
relation to the buffer size, its column, the region limits, and
horizontal scroll amount.
 
That position info is missing from the *Help* display for `C-u C-x ='.
It is only shown in the message, which is ephemeral and can easily be
overwritten.
 
The attached patch remedies this by including the position information
in *Help*.  The patch also updates the doc string accordingly (and
corrects improper grammar such as "Is POS is taken...").

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-11-21 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'