Subject: Re: bug#10125: 24.0.91; package.el (org): Macros in tar packages & order of byte compilation

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:01:16 +0530

Stelian

> I am sorry to be asking a stupid question, but then, wouldn't restart
> Emacs fix the issue and have the new compiled org files loaded? In my
> case, that didn't seem to happen either (even though load-library
> showed org-compat to be from ELPA).

locate-library doesn't show what is *already* loaded. It will only shows
what *will* be loaded. 

The most important thing during package compilation is this: Make sure
there is no running instance of Org in any form. If this condition is
not satisfied then to-be-installed files will be compiled with old
definitions of macro. This is not what we want. We want the new files to
be compiled with new macro definitions.

Do things work for you when you start a *minimal* Emacs and *then* do
M-x list-packages -> install? You don't have to apply Glenn's patch to
get the desired behaviour (I am assuming here that you are probably not
that comfortable working with patches).

Jambunathan K.
--