Subject: bug#10125: RFE: require and load-path-shadowing

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:01:36 +0100

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> > IOW, do you expect the byte-compile instances to be different in any
>> > way from a fresh Emacs session invoked from the shell as "emacs -Q"?
>> 
>> Yes, because the current Emacs may be a different executable than the
>> one the shell would run in response to "emacs -Q".
>
> And if we make sure the same executable is run (easy on Windows)?  Are
> there any other differences?

There may have been changes in the way Emacs starts up in the meantime,
since we're considering the case where new packages get installed.
Starting Emacs with "-Q" shouldn't be affected by this, but there's no
guarantee (yes, this is a fringe case).

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KorgSDada