Subject: bug#10124: closed (Re: bug#10124: 24.0.91; Choosing a remote file, when the current directory is remote too)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10124: 24.0.91; Choosing a remote file, when the current directory is remote too

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10124: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10124
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10124: 24.0.91; Choosing a remote file, when the current directory is remote too
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:46:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

> This one seems to work.
>
> I'm attaching the aspect of the minibuffer just after typing "C-c
> C-c".  The cursor is just before "f2", and typing RET opens that "f2"
> file and the point jumps to the right position.
>
> I wonder if the special fontification of the "/usr:host:" part is
> intended (it looks strange to me).

I've seen it as well. It isn't set by Tramp, as far as I remember. Must
be modified somewhere else.

> Anyway, the bug seem to be fixed by your last patch, so that this bug
> report can be closed.  Thank you.

OK, bug closed.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 24.0.91; Choosing a remote file, when the current directory is remote too
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:03:01 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

1. Eval: (cd "/usr@host:/path-0/").
2. Eval: (diff "/usr@host:/path-1/file-1" "/usr@host:/path-2/file-2")
3. In the *Diff* buffer, move point to a hunk and type "C-c C-c".
4. In the "Use file" prompt, accept the default (i.e., just type RET).

--> Expected result: File "/usr@host:/path-2/file-2" is visited.
--> Observed result: A *Completions* buffer is created.

Notes:
* "usr@host" stands for a user account in a remote host.
* "path-<n>" stands for valid directories (in that remote host).
* "file-1" and "file-2" stands for valid files that are not equal.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-11-22 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
-LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'

-- 
Dani Moncayo