Subject: bug#10124: 24.0.91; Choosing a remote file, when the current directory is remote too

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:50:45 +0100

Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

> It still fails :(

Sure? Have you tried to type RET, opening that file?

> I'm attaching a screenshot of the aspect of the minibuffer after
> typing "C-c C-c" in the *Diff* buffer (with your patch applied, of
> course).
>
> It seems that:
> * There should be only one "/" at the beginning of the path.

read-file-name prepends the default directory to the initial file
name. That's why I set default-directory temporary to "/", with the
result you see. That shall work.

> * The prompt text should not show any path (it should be just "Use
> file: "), because the default value is already pre-loaded in the
> editable part.

Maybe. But I don't know why it has been added there (for another use
cases?), and it doesn't hurt. Being so close to the release of Emacs
24.1, I would prefer to change only what is absolutely necessary.

Best regards, Michael.