Subject: Re: bug#10124: 24.0.91; Choosing a remote file, when the current directory is remote too

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:23:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > BTW, I'm using the "diff" program that comes with MinGW (its MSYS
>> > package), since windows doesn't provides such program.
>> 
>> I hope it is not related to the problem.
>
> It very much could be.  I would suggest to try the version from
> GnuWin32 before ruling that out.

Fortunately, it isn't related to the diff program in use. I could
reproduce it on a Windows XP machine, using the ftp access
method, and a GnuWin32 diff.exe:

(executable-find "diff.exe") => "c:/Program Files/GnuWin32/bin/diff.exe"

I'll work on a patch.

Worse: When I check it with a local RHEL5 machine, the test scenario
from Dani results in

if: Not a Tramp file name:
/ftp\:slbhao\:/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp.el

So we seem to have also a quoting problem. Grrr.

Best regards, Michael.