Subject: Re: bug#1012: calculate-lisp-indent

From: Andrew Hyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 16:34:08 -0500

Markus Sauermann <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Am 30.12.2015 um 08:27 schrieb martin rudalics:
>> Did you look into the snippets from Example 2 and Example 3 in the
>> follow-up message?  All issues reported by Markus still apply, at least
>> here.  Unfortunately, I rarely indent constant symbols, so someone else
>> would have had to chime in.  But I suppose nobody really cared.
>> 
>> Note also that the second patch is probably too large to qualify as a
>> tiny change and I have no idea whether Markus is still around to do the
>> paperwork.
>
> still around and still using emacs, but I haven't experienced this issue
> during the last 7 years. So I am not very inclined to review my old
> patches. Sorry.
>
> Best wishes
> Markus

Thanks for the update.  Martin, the original bug was fairly serious - an
error while trying to indent.  Unless I misunderstand, the followup
issues reported were issues of not indenting "properly", which are much
less serious.  Also, I'm not clear as to what should be a bug here - is
there some documentation on how the lisp indenting should work, so that
we know how things should ideally indent?

In any case, the original bug seems to be fixed.  Martin, if you have
issues with lisp indenting style, it probably would be best to create a
separate bug on it.  I'll mark this one as fixed in the meantime.
Thanks, everyone!