Subject: bug#10115: 23.2; NameError: name 'execfile' is not defined

From: Richard Llewellyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:38:38 -0700

--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

######################################

On new test.py buffer enter hello = 'hello'

M-x python3 RET  (C-c !) starts a python 3 interpreter:

Python 3.2 (r32:88445, Mar 25 2011, 19:28:28)
[GCC 4.5.2] on linux2

Upon execute buffer (C-c C-c) in python interpreter:

>>> ## executing temporary file /tmp/Python4165i_k.py...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'execfile' is not defined

#######################################

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-04-04 on rothera, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i686-linux-gnu' '--build'
'i686-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim'
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
'build_alias=i686-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g'
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-c
C-c <help-echo> M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Wrote /tmp/Python1912Z3C.py

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug imenu python-mode info-look info
py-shell-complete derived easymenu edmacro kmacro cl cl-19 cc-cmds
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt ansi-color compile comint ring
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)