Subject: bug#10091: [GNU Libtool 2.4.2] testsuite: 47 115 123 failed on Cygwin 1.7.9 on WinXP

From: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:56:37 -0500

On 11/22/2011 9:14 AM, Peter Rosin wrote:
> Earnie skrev 2011-11-22 14:02:
>> I think it should be part of the base Cygwin since it is a required
>> POSIX tool.

Wait, what?  *libtool* is enshrined in the POSIX specification?   Or do 
you mean that POSIX specifies that the *file* tool is required?

>> Go complain on [email-masked] about that.

Peter already has, and as of today 'file' is part of the cygwin base 
installation.

>> As for
>> libtool I don't think a patch is warranted but maybe a check of if file
>> exists as a command could be made.  What do others think?

Well, silently failing is just wrong.  libtool.m4 should check for file 
(on cygwin|mingw) and die/warn if not found.

> I agree, http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-11/msg00346.html

Right, thanks for doing that Peter.

--
Chuck