Subject: bug#1009: Carbon: posix-file-name-to-mac

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:25:12 +0900

>>>>> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 08:33:22 -0400, David Reitter <[email-masked]> said:

> (posix-file-name-to-mac "~emacs/asd")
> (posix-file-name-to-mac "/tmp/")

> will crash a 22 branch Carbon Emacs.

> A fix is below - it disables ~emacs and /tmp expansion when getpwnam
> or get_temp_dir_name return NULL, which they seem to do.  (OS X has
> /tmp, so I'm not sure if the code isn't leftover from MacOS and
> stopped working at some point.)

Thanks.  Maybe posix-file-name-to-mac and mac-file-name-to-posix
should have been made Mac OS Classic only.  Actually, they have
already been removed from my local tree, because they are using some
functions that are not available on 64-bit environment.  Do you have
some use cases of them on Mac OS X?

I'm not sure if changes to the EMACS_22_BASE branch is still
allowed.  Please apply your patch if so.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]