Subject: 23.2; gnus-group-fetch-faq does not fetch

From: [email-masked] (Krzysztof =17belechowski)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:46:22 +0100

M-` t r A A C-u 24657 C-n H f
(Open Gnus, show all server groups, go to comp.std.c++, show group FAQ)
*ftp [email-masked]*
ftp> open mirrors.aol.com
ftp: Name or service not known
ftp> 

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i586-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2011-02-22 on build27
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
configured using `configure  '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod' '--with-kerberos' '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--enable-autodepend' '--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x' '--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus' '--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--x-includes=/usr/include' '--x-libraries=/usr/lib:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf' '--with-m17n-flt' '--build=i586-suse-linux' 'build_alias=i586-suse-linux' 'CC=gcc-4.3' 'CFLAGS=-fomit-frame-pointer -fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 -pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 	 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 ' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: pl_PL.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> M-` t r A A <help-echo> <help-echo> 
C-u 2 4 6 5 7 C-n H f M-x r e p o <return> r <retu
rn>

Recent messages:
Reading active file from news via nntp...
No new newsgroups
Checking new news...
Opening nndoc server on gnus-help...done
Checking new news...done
Reading active file from news via nntp...done
H f [2 times]
Opening FTP connection to mirrors.aol.com...
byte-code: FTP Error: OPEN request failed: ftp: Name or service not known
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug ange-ftp tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw
tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp advice
help-fns advice-preload shell comint ring tramp-compat trampver nndoc
parse-time timezone nndraft nnmh auth-source gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message idna sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock
sha1 hex-util hashcash gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit help-mode easymenu view
tmm electric lpr disp-table tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)