Subject: bug#10084: closed (Re: bug#10084: 24.0.91; xwidgets-branch: segfaults)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 00:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10084: 24.0.91; xwidgets-branch: segfaults

which was filed against the emacs-xwidgets package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10084: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10084
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10084: 24.0.91; xwidgets-branch: segfaults
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 19:48:41 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

xwidgets-branch has been merged to the main emacs-25 branch.
If this issue is still relevant there, please open a new report with
full details. Thanks.

Subject: 24.0.91; xwidgets-branch: segfaults
From: Stefan Husmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:32:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When running M-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url, emacs from the
xwidgets branch segfaults. gdb output follows.

Btw. the Arch Linux PKGBUILD in AUR is now located in
  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53902
Please adjust the file README.xwidgets

  gdb -ex run "/usr/bin/emacs"
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.3.1
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/emacs...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Starting program: /usr/bin/emacs
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0x7fffe6765700 (LWP 18309)]

(emacs:18305): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be returned. This is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.
[New Thread 0x7fffe5f64700 (LWP 18311)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff661a58c in g_type_check_instance_cast () from /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x00007ffff661a58c in g_type_check_instance_cast () from /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00000000005da25e in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x000000000057d4fc in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00000000005b5896 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x000000000057cfb9 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#5  0x000000000057d32b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#6  0x00000000005b5896 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#7  0x000000000057cfb9 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#8  0x000000000057d32b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#9  0x00000000005b5896 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#10 0x000000000057c92b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#11 0x000000000057efa5 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#12 0x0000000000578def in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#13 0x000000000057d4e9 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#14 0x000000000057d754 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#15 0x0000000000508d4a in ?? ()
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
No symbol table info available.
#16 0x000000000057d50b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#17 0x000000000057964c in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#18 0x000000000057d4e9 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#19 0x000000000057d754 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#20 0x000000000051667c in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#21 0x000000000057b656 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#22 0x000000000050960e in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#23 0x000000000057b538 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#24 0x000000000050ac27 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#25 0x000000000050af5c in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#26 0x000000000041706d in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#27 0x00007ffff095a17d in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#28 0x0000000000417c29 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#29 0x00007fffffffe6d8 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#30 0x00000000ffffffff in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#31 0x0000000000000001 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#32 0x00007fffffffe9de in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#33 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
(gdb) xbacktrace
Undefined command: "xbacktrace".  Try "help".

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.2)
  of 2011-11-15 on frege
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11102000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--with-xwidgets' '--enable-asserts' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-sound' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-freemind hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-freemind
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-mks
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-html hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-docbook hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-xoxo hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-taskjuggler hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-jsinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mac-message hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mew hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-sh
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-beamer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-special-blocks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-special-blocks
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-java
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-awk
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-remember hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-wl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
emacsbug time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)