Subject: Re: bug#10080: 23.3; Rmail shows an extra blank line at the end when displaying a non-MIME message

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:43:22 +0200

Mark Lillibridge <[email-masked]> writes:

>     This is easy to reproduce; just send yourself a plain text message
> that has no extra blank lines after it.  Incorporate it into Rmail and
> notice that it is displayed with an extra blank line.  For example,
>
>> Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 12:05:50 -0800
>> Subject: no blank lines follow
>> From: Mark Lillibridge <[email-masked]>
>> To: [email-masked]
>> 
>> this is the only line
>> 
>
> where I have added "> " before each line of the displayed message.  If
> you check the underlying mbox file, you'll see that indeed, "this is the
> only line" is the last line of that message. 

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately got no response at
the time.)

I'm unable to reproduce this in Emacs 28, but I'm not quite sure I'm
testing it correctly.  Are you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs
versions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no