Subject: bug#10076: 24.0.91; Automatic horizontal scrolling

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:24:54 +0100

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

1. Type "C-p".
--> Without this, the bug does not show up.

2. Type "C-u 2 C-x < SPC".
--> This scrolls the buffer two position to the left (ok).

3. Type "C-p C-p".
--> The buffer automatically scrolls back to its original position,
which is wrong (see [a]).

---- Footnotes ----

[a] Last paragraph of (info "(emacs)Horizontal Scrolling"):
    If you use those commands to scroll a window horizontally, that sets
 a lower bound for automatic horizontal scrolling.  Automatic scrolling
 will continue to scroll the window, but never farther to the right than
 the amount you previously set by `scroll-left'.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2011-11-17 on DANI-PC
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5)'

-- 
Dani Moncayo