Subject: Re: bug#10061: Version missmatch error

From: Roumen Petrov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:47:35 +0200

Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> hi Chethan,
>
> On 16 Nov 2011, at 15:14, chethan krishnamurthy wrote:
>    
>> Greetings,
>> Myself Chethan. I was configuring kannel-sqlbox.
>> During installation of sqlbox i am facing errors
>>
>> libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4.2, but the
>> libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.6b.
>> libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4.2
>> libtool: and run autoconf again.
>> make[2]: *** [sqlbox] Error 63
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/peepal/sqlbox-0.7.2/gw'
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/peepal/sqlbox-0.7.2'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Kindly suggest how to resolve this conflict.
>> Looking forward for your answer.
>> Thank you.
>>      
> This means that the libtool script in the build directory was built
> from release 2.4.2, likely shipped with your sqlbox package, but that
> the m4 macros it is finding are from an earlier incompatible release
> 2.2.6b - maybe the libtool you have installed on your build machine?
>
> It's not clear from your message whether sqlbox-0.7.2 is trying to
> use libtool-2.4.2 and picked up the wrong macros, or libtool-2.2.6b
> and picked up the wrong ltmain.sh.
>    
[SNIP]
May be out of scope but after upgrade to recent libtool repository 
version "old test suite" fail with quite similar messages.

FAIL: tests/cdemo-static-make.test (exit: 2)
============================================

cdemo-static-make.test: ===     Running cdemo-static-make.test
cdemo-static-make.test: ===     Running cdemo-static-make.test
cdemo-static-make.test: ===     Running `make ' in cdemo
/bin/ksh ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc 
-DPACKAGE_NAME=\"cdemo\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"cdemo\" 
-DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"cdemo\ 1.0\" 
-DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" 
-DPACKAGE=\"cdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 
-DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 
-DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 
-DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -I. 
-I/usr/local/src/.work/.sources/libtool-origin/tests/cdemo  
-I/usr/local/src/.work/.sources/libtool-origin/tests/cdemo/../..   -O2 
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -c -o foo.lo 
/usr/local/src/.work/.sources/libtool-origin/tests/cdemo/foo.c
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4.2.115-0345, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.2.79-edb2a.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 
2.4.2.115-0345
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make: *** [foo.lo] Error 63

Issue is resolved with double "bootstrap" but until now I'm  not able to 
figure out which is missing dependency rule .

Roumen