Subject: RE: bug#10057: 24.0.91; doc string of `Info-find-file'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:29:14 -0800

> Drew, it's __so difficult__ to figure out from your documentation
> bug reports what and how you actually want to fix

It's a joke, right?  What part of this problem statement (your "what") is so
difficult to understand?

 >> This says only what a value of `t' means.
 >> It does not say what other non-nil values mean.

As to "how" I would like it to be fixed, that really doesn't matter much, does
it?  It should be enough to point out the problem, especially in a trivial case
such as this.

In any case, I did say how I would like to see it fixed:

 >> Please state clearly and completely what NOERROR means.

However that might be done would be fine with me.  The "how" isn't important.

So far, we explain what a `nil' value means and what a `t' value means.  That's
clear as far as it goes, but it is not complete, which means that in the end it
is also not clear.

Singling out the particular non-nil value `t' this way leaves the reader
wondering.  Unless, that is, s?he assumes Stefan's general rule that anything
not mentioned is unpredictable and unsupported.