Subject: bug#10057: 24.0.91; doc string of `Info-find-file'

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:17:00 +0100

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > "Optional second argument NOERROR, if t, means if file is not found
>> > just return nil (no error)."
>> >
>> > This says only what a value of `t' means.  It does not say what
>> > other non-nil values mean.  Please state clearly and completely what
>> > NOERROR means.
>> 
>> Do you know other possible non-nil values?
>
> No, not I.  If all non-nil values are treated the same, then the doc should not
> single out `t'.  As it stands now, it says "if t, ..." it means ..., which
> _suggests_ that that is the case _only_ if t.

You are supposed to use only the value that is documented.  This is
called future compatibility.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."