Subject: Re: bug#10056: 24.0.91; `copy-to-register' does not deactivate the mark

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:50:02 +0200

Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

> According to (info "(emacs)Text Registers"), the mark should be
> deactivated at the end of the command `copy-to-register' (which is
> TRT; `C-w' behaves that way, for example).
>
> But I see that:
> * The mark (region) remains active after doing "C-x h C-x r s s" (from
> emacs -Q).
> * The command's docstring does not mention anything about this. It should, no?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

Chong fixed this at the time, but the discussion then went on to whether
other commands, like `eval-region' should do the same.  The rough
consensus seemed to be "nope", and I think that's the right decision, so
I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no