Subject: 24.0.91; gnus does not cycle between e-mail addresses anymore

From: Ivan Kanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:15:55 +0100

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

I am using bbdb 3.0 maintained by Roland Winkler at
git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git 

I am at commit 669c60929950e7a3ea24699b680e3476cb9710f3

You will need a bbdb entry with multiple net addresses

1) run gnus
2) compose and e-mail by hitting 'm'
3) go to the to: field
4) start writing the e-mail address of the entry described above
5) hit tab to get full completion
6) hit tab again

In the last step nothing happens. It used to give the next net address.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/home/ubuntu/emacs-bzr/share/emacs/24.0.91/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2011-11-13 on tao
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10900000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/home/ubuntu/emacs-bzr' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  tracking-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> a c 
c u i <backspace> e i <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> S e 
v <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> s M-i 
f i ' e v <tab> C-n t i m e s h e e t C-n C-n C-n S 
a l u t SPC S ' e v e r i n e , <return> <return> E 
s t - SPC <backspace> c e SPC q u e SPC t u SPC p e 
u x SPC m e t t r e SPC l e SPC 1 0 SPC M-i c 1 C-o 
e t SPC l e SPC 1 5 SPC e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
6 SPC e n SPC t e m p SPC p a r <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> s SPC p a r t i e l SPC s u 
r SPC t i m e s h e e t SPC s t p SPC ? C-p C-a C e 
t t e SPC s e m a i n e SPC j e SPC s u i s SPC a b 
s e n t SPC l e SPC m e r c r e d i t SPC a u SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> SPC 
a u SPC l i e u SPC d u SPC j e u d i . SPC M-q C-n 
C-n <return> <return> A + C-c C-c y <M-backspace> v 
o <return> c <delete> <down> <return> SPC SPC SPC SPC 
n SPC SPC SPC SPC n M-x b u g <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> r e p o <tab> r t - e m <tab> b g <tab> 
<backspace> <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [french] ...
Sending email 
Sending email done
Wrote /media/portable/keel/gnus/mail/sent/13506
Sending...done
No more unseen articles
Deleting article 43627 in inbox
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/misc/time hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/time
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/misc/whitespace hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/whitespace
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-awk hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-beamer hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-beamer
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-mouse hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-sh hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-mscgen hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-latex hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-latex
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-info hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-info
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-special-blocks hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-special-blocks
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-publish hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-publish
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-bibtex hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-sqlite hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-comint hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-agenda hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-sass hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-faces hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-mhe hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-ledger hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-latex hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-plot hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-tangle hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-docbook hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-docbook
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-calc hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-C hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-attach hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-compat hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-habit hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-html hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-html
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-jsinfo hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-feed hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-lilypond hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-pcomplete hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-w3m hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-timer hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-list hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-list
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-gnus hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-ctags hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-lisp hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-scheme hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-org hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-R hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-ruby hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-mobile hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-install hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-install
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-protocol hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-matlab hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-xoxo hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-mew hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mew
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-plantuml hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-sql hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-footnote hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-datetree hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-exp hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-python hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-ocaml hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-vm hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-vm
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-icalendar hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-ditaa hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-entities hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-docview hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-inlinetask hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-crypt hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-clock hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-dot hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-macs hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-eval hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-octave hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-gnuplot hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-clojure hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-js hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-lob hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-java hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-bbdb hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-table hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-table
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-irc hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-src hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-src
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-rmail hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-table hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-mks hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mks
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-taskjuggler hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-exp hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-exp
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-id hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-id
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-asymptote hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-mac-message hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-haskell hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-ascii hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-ascii
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-colview hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-freemind hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-freemind
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-remember hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-remember
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-css hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-indent hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-exp-blocks hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-ref hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-wl hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-wl
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-screen hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-capture hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-perl hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/org-archive hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/org/ob-keys hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/misc/erc-goodies hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/erc/erc-goodies
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/emms/tq hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/misc/appt hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/calendar/appt
/home/ubuntu/.emacs.d/misc/sym-comp hides /ext4/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/obsolete/sym-comp

Features:
(shadow emacsbug icomplete flow-fill cal-move mule-util bookmark tabify
org-capture org-mks newcomment w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired-x dired w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util smiley ansi-color gnus-bcklg
mailalias smtpmail mail-extr sort gnus-cite bbdb-message sendmail
hashcash cookie1 gnus-fun gnus-async gnus-dup qp gnus-ml disp-table
gnus-topic pop3 nndraft nnmh nnml nnfolder parse-time bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua
bbdb-com netrc gnutls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils erc-track epa-file epa derived epg
epg-config japan-util kkc ja-dic-utl quail help-mode view paren eldoc
init cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso autoinsert
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda org advice help-fns
advice-preload ob-emacs-lisp ob-keys ob-comint ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
garak notify dbus-util dbus xml tree-widget lui tracking incomplete
network-stream auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp assoc gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache starttls tls
erc-ring erc-netsplit erc-match erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-join erc-spelling flyspell ispell
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp server
xcscope ivan-w3m ivan-term ivan-slime ivan-re-builder ivan-org
ivan-newsticker ivan-muse ivan-message ivan-japanese ivan-gnus
ivan-french easy-mmode ivan-english ivan-emms ivan-elim elim warnings
browse-url cl ivan-comint bs ivan-bbdb bbdb timezone
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup tex-site ring caps-mode
ivan-common-code saveplace time regexp-opt rx cus-edit easymenu
cus-start cus-load wid-edit ivan-var ivan-keymap edmacro kmacro ivan-fun
find-func ivan-face ivan-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)