Subject: Re: bug#10034: 24.0.91; max-specpdl-size error

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:49:27 +0100

> Eventually, I would get into a state where I couldn't do much, seeing
 > messages like:
 >
 > window-min-size-1: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size
 >
 > I then could only kill Emacs.

Do you mean that Emacs looped and C-g didn't quit?  If you can see a
message like the above, C-g usually works.

 > In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 >  of 2011-11-07 on MARVIN

IIUC this is with a build made _before_ Chong's `window-total-size'
change, so the latter can't be the culprit.

I can't propose much about this at the moment.  If this happens again
and you can get back to the command loop via C-g, try to open a new
frame via C-x 5 2 and look at the last lines of the *Messages* buffer.
If for some reason you can't make a new frame, try C-x 1 instead.

martin