Subject: Re: bug#10032: 24.0.91; "C-x C-<SPC>" seems broken

From: Johan Bockgård <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 13:03:14 +0100

Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

> That node of the Emacs manual was the culprit of my confusion, so it
> should be fixed.

The manual actually used to say

    In addition to the ordinary mark ring that belongs to each buffer,
    Emacs has a single "global mark ring".  It records a sequence of
    buffers in which you have recently set the mark, so you can go back
    to those buffers.

    Setting the mark always makes an entry on the current buffer's mark
    ring.  If you have switched buffers since the previous mark setting,
    the new mark position makes an entry on the global mark ring also.
    The result is that the global mark ring records a sequence of
    buffers that you have been in, and, for each buffer, a place where
    you set the mark.

before it was "fixed".

2008-06-26  Chong Yidong  <[email-masked]>

	* mark.texi (Shift selection): New node.
	(Mark): Copyedits.
	(Persistent Mark): Move to the end of the chapter.