Subject: Re: bug#10032: 24.0.91; "C-x C-<SPC>" seems broken

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 08:43:15 +0100

> This is intentional. According to the doc string of set-mark-command:
>
>    Also push the old mark on global mark ring, if the previous mark was
>    set in another buffer.

Good point (I didn't notice it).  That explains the current behavior,
although it would be more precise to say "... if the previous mark was
set in another buffer (or there is no previous mark).".

> On the other hand, the manual disagrees:
>
>    Each time you set a mark, in any buffer, this is recorded in the
>    global mark ring in addition to the current buffer's own mark ring.
>
>    -- (info "(emacs) Global Mark Ring")
>

That node of the Emacs manual was the culprit of my confusion, so it
should be fixed.

Thanks.

-- 
Dani Moncayo