Subject: Re: bug#10007: 24.0.50; wrong-type-argument stringp nil in *Occur*

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:39:00 +0100

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 03:42, Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Really?

Yes.

> Are you using the same build?

24.0.50? I've tried with the trunk, and with the 24.0.91 pretest.

> It's 100% reproducible here, with the build I cited, following the recipe I
> described.

Following your recipe, I don't see any error.

> I forgot to mention that you must provide a pattern to `occur' that some file
> names match, so the occur buffer is not empty.

Yes. I supposed as much. I'm trying in the trunk workspace, and the
pattern is "a", so there's plenty of files.

> What do _you_ see, when you insert a char in Occur after killing the Dired
> buffer it was built from?

C-h k says that "w is undefined", so typing w (or most characters) does nothing.

> Try again, with the same build - I'm sure you'll see
> what I described.

Where can I get that build?

    Juanma