Subject: Re: bug#10001: displayor -> displayer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 18:15:10 +0200

David Engster <[email-masked]> writes:

> Since Paul's patch changes function and variable names, some of them
> customizable, we cannot merge it for Emacs 24.1.. I will merge it into
> the CEDET repository instead; we'll also have to mark some of the old
> names as obsolete. These changes will then be merged back to Emacs for
> the 24.2. release.

This didn't seem to happen, so I've now made the changes in CEDET
myself.  They change is similar to Paul's proposed patch, but I added

(define-obsolete-function-alias 'semantic-displayor-cleanup
  #'semantic-displayer-cleanup "27.1")

to all the methods.  (I was pleasantly surprised that these aliases also
worked for methods, not just functions.  Here's my test case:

(defclass foo () nil)
(defclass bar (foo) nil)

(cl-defmethod zot ((a foo))
  :foo)

(define-obsolete-function-alias 'zoot #'zot "27.1")
(cl-defmethod zot ((a bar))
  :bar)

(zot (make-instance bar)) => :bar
(zot (make-instance foo)) => :foo

(zoot (make-instance bar)) => :bar
(zoot (make-instance foo)) => :foo

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no