Subject: Re: bug#67032: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: Treat erc-send-message more responsibly
From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 12:11:10 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"J.P." <[email-masked]> writes:

> v2. Revive `erc-command-indicator' functionality as new module.
>
> [...]
>
> but the damage had long since been done. My point in drudging this up is

dredging*

> merely to highlight where the behavior concerned diverged and that we'll
> likely never know why. I really have no interest in relitigating ancient
> motivations and methods. (It's quite possible that discussions did take
> place elsewhere, like on Freenode or the old sourceforge list.)
>
> Anyway, since both the interface (options, fonts) and infrastructure are
> still in place, I think it behooves us to revive this functionality, not
> least as a signal to others that ERC picks up after itself (eventually).
> I've thus added some changes to this effect (see last patch).

This has been installed as

  1d2aa130cae * Revive erc-command-indicator as new module

And changes similar to those initially proposed can be found in and
around

  174b3dd9bd7 * Make nested input handling more robust in ERC

Thanks and closing.