Subject: Re: bug#64064: [PATCH 3/4] Don't sort bugs in 'debbugs-gnu-show-reports'.
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 09:40:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Morgan Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Morgan,

> To improve performance the next step should be making the network calls
> asynchronously.  I thought this was a free performance boost but it is
> not.  I have no plans to work on this.

We're doing asynchronous bug fetching already. In `debbugs-get-status',
several calls to `debbugs-soap-invoke-async' are fired in parallel,
every call retrieving up to `debbugs-max-hits-per-request' bugs at once.

I've also made some experiments with other improvements for asynchronous
network calls, those attempts failed (some years ago). And here we are.

Anyway, there's nothing left to do. I've released debbugs 0.36, closing
this bug.

> Thanks,
>
> Morgan

Best regards, Michael.