Subject: Re: [bug#60037] Update CDO to 2.1.0 and add libaec and eccodes
From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
To: Roman Scherer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 18:31:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Roman Scherer <[email-masked]> skribis:

>
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> thanks for looking at this patch series and sorry for the trouble. I
> just rebuild the patch series on top of the current master 3 times with
> the following command:
>
> ```
> ./pre-inst-env guix build --check --no-grafts --no-substitutes --rounds=3 cdo
> ```
>
> I see some tests are skipped, but the whole thing passed every time. I
> also don't remember seeing them failing a single time.
>
> I'm running this on the following system:
>
> ```
> Linux precision 5.15.0-56-generic #62-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 22 19:54:14 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> ```
>
> And here are the logs of one of the test runs:
>
> [...]
>
> On what kind of system is this failing for you? What can we do?

On my main machine, with an AMD Ryzen 9 CPU with 32 threads, it failed
every time. On another machine, with an Intel I9 CPU with 16 threads, it
succeeded every time. It turns out that some tests can fail if the
machine has many threads, and adding '#:parallel-tests? #f' to the
'arguments' field fixes the issue.

I also changed the 'source' field of the libaec package to use
'git-fetch' instead of 'url-fetch', because archive files created
automatically by forges like gitlab can sometimes change in place and
have a different hash.

Patches pushed as d03b6fb0e3f0b81b35a9b35b89c213c144c59fe6 and
following. Thanks.