Subject: Re: bug#44903: Guix 1.2.0 installer 'auto-partition!' crash
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gavaskar Kanagaraj <[email-masked]>, Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>, Umut Durak <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 23:09:45 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Mathieu, do you think this bug can still exist in 1.3.0 or our current
>> snapshot installer images?  If not, we should close it, as it's gone
>> stale and reported against 1.2.0.
>
> Just my 2 cents: I think this issue was fixed with
> 0a74509a696671580c8a7dc768d26f414748bab5.  Sometimes, devices are so
> small you can't even create a new partition table on them, and we used
> to not detect this failure and instead return #f for the disk.  That or
> ped_disk_new fails for some reason but I wouldn't know why without more
> info.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm tentatively closing the bug.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim