Subject: Two libtool issues
From: "Sergey Poznyakoff" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 13:20:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Some time ago I discovered two libool issues related to the library
preference, which caused lots of problems in GNU mailutils.  The issues
are described in detail in the following article:

  https://gray.gnu.org.ua/public/ltbug

(Sorry if it is too long: I tried to provide as much detail as possible,
along with examples and proposed patches).  
  
I reported that to the bug-libtool list on 2019-12-14. Back then I got a
reply which seemed to stem from misreading rather than from an attempt to
understand the problem. So I ended up distributing a patched ltmain.sh
with GNU mailutils.

Is there any chance these issues can be addressed in libtool?

Regards,
Sergey