Subject: --version copyright year stale, formatting
From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 14:44:16 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

libtool --version reports
  Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

That should be 2022.

Also, the ordering of the elements is wrong, and the license info is
missing (and there are spurious blank lines). According to the coding
standards, I believe it should be:

--
  libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.7
  Copyright (C) 2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
  License GPLv2+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 2 or later
  <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <https://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>
  This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
  There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

  Originally written by Gordon Matzigkeit, 1996.
--

Perhaps mention other post-Gord major authors, too.

Somewhat related: the web page (gnu.org/s/libtool) states 2.4.6 as the
latest stable release, but afaik it's 2.4.7. --best, karl.