Subject: Re: bug#54410: One cl-defgeneric in xref.el should be cl-defmethod
From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 13:07:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Mi., 16. März 2022 um 04:29 Uhr schrieb Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:
>
> > From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 00:09:23 +0100
> >
> > Is the following patch good for the release branch?
>
> What problems are caused by the current code?

I'm using Edebug for coverage instrumentation, and that only works
right in an automated way if there are no duplicate instrumented
symbols, because Edebug attaches coverage information to individual
symbols. cl-defmethod takes care of this by generating additional
symbols, but cl-defgeneric doesn't.

>
> In general, I'd prefer to leave the release branch alone at this time,
> so we could release Emacs 28.1 soon.  It seems quite ready.

Fine with me, I've pushed it to master as commit
6ed3f04e5a3c8aee40a26805bb00cdd070eba319.