Subject: [Patch] two r packages (chromstardata and signac)
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:39:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

thank you taking the time to submit your first patch!

I pushed the changes to the “master” branch with these commits:

  ee4fc3b662 * gnu: Add r-signac.
  dd4670d40d * gnu: Add r-lsa.
  0ff888108a * gnu: Add r-chromstar.
  1f958631ef * gnu: Add r-chromstardata.

Some of the changes I performed:

- As you can see I split up the patch into one commit per affected
  package.

- I added r-lsa, which r-signac references.

- I changed all license values to use a “license:” prefix.  The importer
  does not do this.

- I placed r-signac in (gnu packages bioinformatics), r-lsa in (gnu
  packages cran), r-chromstar in (gnu package bioconductor), and
  r-chromstardata in the same module but in the section for experiment
  data.

- I modified the descriptions and synopses to remove the R-typical use
  of title case, and to use full sentences.

- r-chromstar was built from git in a version more recent than the
  version corresponding to the current Bioconductor release, so I used
  the published release instead.

- I reindented the code.  Note that etc/indent-code.el can do this for
  you.

The contribution process we follow and recommend is outlined in the
manual section “16.6 Submitting Patches”, which contains a few hints
that will make future contributions a little smoother :)

Also, feel free to Cc me for future submissions, so that I can apply
them more quickly.

Thanks again!

-- 
Ricardo