Subject: Re: bug#44534: [PATCH] Remove extra process call from vc-hg-registered
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Tom Fitzhenry <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 17:45:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

On 09.11.2020 13:54, Tom Fitzhenry via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the 
Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> Prefer calling vc-state (rather than vc-hg-state) to benefit from the 
> caching in vc-state.
> 
> This same technique is used in vc-git.el, per commit "2018-06-28 "Remove 
> extra process call from vc-git-find-file-hook" 
> 93c41ce6aa64b14fc9bd7bdd0d909915a79191cd.

Makes sense, thanks! Pushed.

P.S. Next time please try to keep the line width within usual limits, I 
had to fix the following linter errors:

Line longer than 78 characters in commit message
Word longer than 140 characters in commit message
Commit aborted; please see the file CONTRIBUTE